There are many ways you can help support The Big Book!
The Pages for Peace Foundation is a 501.c.3 non-profit and your contribution may be tax deductible.
Donations may be mailed to:
Pages for Peace Foundation
PO Box 16
Groton, MA 01450
World Tour and General Use Funding
Support a Student
Cover the travel costs of a student to attend one of several upcoming Big Book exhibits on the World Tour.
We would like to thank our partners for their generous donations:
- EFI VUTEk for their technical expertise and donation of ink
- Quad/Graphics for printing
- DuPont for providing the Tyvek Media for the pages
- Joan Paley Design for book design
- John Feal and the FealGood Foundation for generous donations and unwavering support for our project. www.fealgoodfoundation.com
- University of Massachusetts James B. Francis College of Engineering for developing a prototype page turner and sharing their knowledge of engineering principles with us
- Material Concepts for preparing the Tyvek for printing and donating the cost of shipping
- Bemis Associates for their generous donations and support.
- Greg Fishbone and Michael Suchecki for new website design
- Margo Richard, Jonathan Barrett and Peter Barbella for site contributions
- John Love Photography
- Karen Riggert Photography
- Kathryn Ellis Moore and Karen Riggert for brochure design
- VMAP for graphic expertise
- Annie’s Pasta for food donations
- Office Depot for printing
- Ebi Masalehdan, owner of Trans Med USA, Inc., Tyngsboro, MA for donating and supporting our project. – www.transmed-usa.com
- Bamboo of Westwood for Spring 2012 donation drive
Our Professional Partners:
- Award winning children’s book designer and illustrator Joan Paley of Joan Paley Design, North Scituate MA, has donated hundreds of volunteer hours to design the huge volume of pages within the Big Book: Pages for Peace.
- We’d like to thank Leslie McIntosh for her contributions in helping with design.
- Each page will be 12 feet tall by 10 feet wide and be printed on DuPont™ Tyvek®. DuPont, headquartered in Wilmington, DE, donated the Tyvek required for the project that is 10 feet wide and 4000 yards long or nearly three miles.
- Following manufacture of the giant role of Tyvek in March, it was shipped to DuPont’s distributor Material Concepts in Philadelphia, PA where the huge role was broken down into 15 smaller roles so it will be more manageable for the printer. Material Concepts also donated the cost of shipping the Tyvek® to UniGraphic.
- Hundreds of liters of ink required to cover 90-square feet of 1,000 pages has been donated by EFI of Meredith, NH for printing on their grand format printer, the 3.2 meter wide VUTEk GS3250LX.
- It takes about nine minutes to print each page in the book, or 18 to print two sides of a page at Quad Graphic Inc., one of New England’s leading printing operations in Woburn, MA. Quad/Graphics is printing the massive book at their cost.
Our Education Partners
- Dean John Ting at UMass Lowell was the first to interact with our students and create an educational bond with Professional Linda Barrington at UMass Lowell and the Big Book kids.
- Joseph Hartman, Dean of Engineering at UMass Francis School of Engineering brought the Big Book to the attention of Chancellor Marty Meehan. We are grateful for their support.
- John Mulligan at UMass Lowell supervised fabrication of the stand and binding designed by engineering students and our Big Book student collaborators.