Children’s Courage of Conscience Award
Betsy Sawyer and the student members of the Groton-Dunstable Bookmakers and Dreamers Club were the proud recipients of the prestigious and honorable Children’s Courage of Conscience Award from The Peace Abbey.
The Peace Abbey is dedicated to creating innovative models for society that empower individuals on the paths of nonviolence, peacemaking, and cruelty-free living. They offer a variety of programs and resources that teach, inspire and encourage one to speak out and act on issues of peace and social justice. Faith in action is the cornerstone of their fellowship and activist pacifism is their creed.
Previous recipients of the Courage of Conscience Award also include:
- Humanitarian Mother Teresa of Calcutta
- Civil Rights Activist Rosa Parks
- Heavyweight Champion and Humanitarian Muhammad Ali
- Spiritual Leader of Tibet, the Dalai Lama
- Musician and Activist Pete Seeger
- and many others.